Sunday 20 January 2013

Hannah's Christmas Chocolate Bark

This Christmas myself, my mum and sister had decided to give homemade gifts to our family as presents and this was one of them. I was inspired after watching Lorraine Pascale's 'Last Minute Christmas' to try out this chocolate bark.

The way of making this is very simple, but I think that the end product looks quite impressive and there's nothing better than homemade treats: You are simply mixing up different chocolates and adding fruits, nuts or anything else that you can think of.

To start with I made one for my Dad by melting 300g dark chocolate and 100g milk chocolate in separate bowls over hot water (being careful that the bottom of the bowl didn't touch the water). I had lined a baking tray with greaseproof paper and firstly poured the dark chocolate in and then poured the milk chocolate down the middle of the tray. Then I used a skewer to make some swirls and sprinkled with brazil and pistachio nuts.


The tray was then left to cool, and once cool was broken in to pieces and placed in a sealed jar.


The second one I did for James was very similar, but I also used white chocolate.





I couldn't go to all that effort without making one for me to munch, so I used the left over chocolate and added some marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment