Monday 10 June 2013

June Baking Challenge

So, June is my baking challenge month, and I’ve been keeping this one under my hat for a while. I’m not sure it suits the current glorious weather that we are basking in (when not at our desks) but I’ve decided to stick with it.

June’s theme is nostalgia; more specifically – a favourite bake from school/childhood.
We can all look back and remember things from our childhood – Polly Pocket, Pogs, the collectable Kellogg’s cereal bicycle wheel adornments, dandelion and burdock, and the racoons on Saturday mornings before Live & Kicking – which all connote fond and happy memories, but I feel that there is something quite special about a food memory.

For me a food memory has the ability to take me back to that time, right there to that scene, like you’ve gone back in time and reliving it all over again – the smell, taste – everything! So, get your thinking caps on girls and get your nostalgic taste buds moving... feel free to add your memory and why you’ve chosen it.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment