Sunday 3 February 2013

Anna's January Cupcakes!

Every January, I vow to be more healthy. Less of the bad stuff and more of the good! So, when Emma set the challenge of a January cupcake challenge I decided that I was going to see if I could find a recipe for guilt free cake eating! Thankfully, my foresight (in a bid to become more healthy) of purchasing the Hairy Bikers, Hairy Dieters recipe book, completely paid off. However, I also could not resist having a browse through my Humming Bird book. I was completely torn between what I saw as the 'healthy' option and what I believed to be the 'tasty' option, so...I decided to bake a recipe from both!

My first recipe was Banana and Chocolate cupcakes from the Humming Bird Bakery. I followed the recipe exactly, which produced a light bananary cake with an extremely rich and chocolatey icing. These cakes were extremely rich, possibly a bit too much for me, however, they did have that 'Humming Bird taste.'







My second bake was skinny lemon cupcakes with drizzly icing, from the Hairy Dieters recipe book. These were delicious and I think I preferred them to my chocolate and banana ones. They have reduced the sugar content and used half fat natural yoghurt and blueberries to make up for it. The lemon flavoured icing gave the cake a zingy kick and added sweetness. I will definitely be making these again!




No comments:

Post a Comment