Sunday 12 May 2013

Sarah's Raspberry and Amaretto Bakewell Tart

Apologies to my fellow QoTs, I am VERY late with my contribution for February! However, here is the my version of a Bakewell Tart. I followed (roughly!) a recipe from The Hairy Bikers which used ground almonds in the pastry for some extra almond goodness! The pastry was easy to make and very good to handle and roll out.

For the almond pastry, blitz all the dry ingredients in a food processor until breadcrumbs  then add the eggs and bring together using the 'pulse' setting of the food processor.

Almond pastry
425g plain flour
250g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 egg yolks

Chill in fridge for an hour before rolling out and lining a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Bake blind for 15 mins at 180 C. When the pastry has cooled, spread with the raspberry jam.

Filling
400g ground almonds
175g caster sugar
8 eggs
1/2 tsp almond essence (I added a good slug of Amaretto instead!)
3 tbsp raspberry jam
50g flaked almonds to decorate the top

For the filling, mix everything together, saving the flaked almonds to sprinkle on the top. Bake at 165 C for 25-30 mins. 



This smelled so lovely when it came out the oven, it was a bit difficult to wait until pudding time! Tim really loved it and I will definitely make one again, the pastry was lovely and crisp with no soggy bottom! 

There was so much left that I froze the rest of it and have been defrosting a slice or two at at time. Goes well with custard, or vanilla ice cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment